TLS Encryption Protocol Update
At Magnus Health we strive to stay on top of new technologies, including the latest and greatest security protocols. As such, we will soon upgrade our TLS encryption protocol to keep with industry standards and compliance.
Click here to view a Webinar Recording from our team full of information regarding this upgrade.
What does this change mean?
Magnus will discontinue the support of TLS1.0 on the https://secure.magnushealthportal.com
After this change, older browsers and devices that make an https:// connection will not be able to connect to Magnus Health via the site listed. Many browsers and devices are updated and thus it is very likely that there will be no impact to most of our users, but we encourage our users to confirm.
Sample Email to Parents
As of March 16, 2016, connecting to Magnus Health will require the use of browsers and devices that are compatible with the latest version of the Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS). Older browsers and devices that make an https:// connection will not be able to connect to Magnus Health. Many browsers and devices are updated and thus it is very likely that there will be no impact to your access. We want to make sure that you do not have any challenges accessing the parent portal.
Please use the TLS tester available at: http://testtls.mymagnus.com/
If you have any questions, please contact the Magnus Health Help Desk at 1-877-461-6831.
- Android operating system: at least 4.4 KitKat or higher required.
- iOS operating system: at least version iOS 5.0 required.
Browsers known to support the latest version of TLS are as follows:
- Opera: version 20 (34 is current )
- Firefox: version 27 (43 is current)
- Chrome: version 30 (47 is current)
- IE11: windows 8.1 + Windows 10
- Safari 7.1: Unknown, But OS X 10.9 has releases for it.
- Safari 8: OS X 10.9 onwards
Systems known to support the latest version of TLS are as follows:
- .NET: Version 4.5 and later. Requires Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- OpenSSL: Version 1.0.1 and later
- PHP: Version 5.6 and later. Requires OpenSSL 1.0.1 and later.
- Java: JRE 1.7 / JDK 7 and later